Saturday, November 06, 2010

A Month for Giving Thanks- Day 6

Day 6
It really struck me today how fortunate we are to live in the same state with all our siblings and both sets of parents.  That will soon change when my brother and his wife move out of state at the end of this month, but even so, they will only be about 8 hours away.  It really is all about perspective and attitude isn't it?  There have been times when I've envied the fact that my sister and mom live in the same town with each other while I'm two hours away, but I always have to remind myself how very blessed I am to ONLY be two hours away from them.  I get to see them about once a month, sometimes more often, and I know there are so many out there, military families especially, who have known the sting of very long separations from loved ones accross very far distances.  There's also the fact that there are no guarantees we will always live so close to each other, so today I'm choosing to cherish the blessing of now.  Thank you father for the blessing of family and for the undeserved gift of having them so close and getting to see them so often.  Amen

No comments: