Saturday, August 16, 2008

A night at the hospital

We had a late night at the hospital last night. I started timing contractions at 5:30pm and they were still coming strong by 9:00pm. I'm only 35 weeks and 5 days, full term is considered 37 weeks, so my doctor wanted to stop these contractions if possible. They gave me two doses of a medication that's supposed to slow or stop contractions. The first dose slowed them down for about 10 minutes, but then they were back to every three minutes and strong. The second dose worked a little better, and thankfully I didn't dilate or efface any more from when I had arrived. As it stands now, I'm two centimeters dilated and 50% effaced. I had a few clusters of contractions that woke me up through the night, but for the most part, they have tapered off, as long as I stay laying or sitting down that is. I'm on modified best rest now, so Travis is having to step into my roll for a bit, but he's in great spirits about it and we're both really wanting what's best for little Sawyer. He'll be able to work half days next week and do a little work from home, so as long as I can make myself neglect all that housework that never stops piling up with young children, we should be just fine. As long as I can make it to next Monday, that will put me at 37 weeks. Please be praying that I can make it at least another week and that whenever Sawyer decides to come, he'll be nice and ready physically, healthy and strong. I'll try to post the great pictures I got from Tyler's wedding as soon as I get a chance. As a little side note, I got my new camera! (Thanks honey!) The Nikon D60 takes some amazing pictures and I can't wait to share them with you! Thank you all for your love and support! It was such a treat to get to see many of you at my brother's wedding.
Love, Sarah

No comments: