Monday, May 08, 2006

A tribute to preemies and those who love them!

Today, May 8th, 2006 marks my full 24th week of pregnancy. Reaching this milestone, I can't help but think of my sister and good friend Crystal, who in the week ahead, would be facing one of the scariest moments of their lives. It's hard for me to emagine giving birth to a tiny one pound baby, but that's exactly what they were forced to do as their bodies went into preterm labor that couldn't be stopped. These tiny little boys, oblivious to what was happening, made their entrance into the world over three months too soon. A decade or two ago, they could not have been saved. But praise the Lord for willing them to be born in this day and age when He was able to work through medical technology to save their fragile lives. And I have no doubt that those lives have such great purpose! They have already been used in countless ways to draw others closer to God and have been the greatest single blessings in their parent's lives. Never again will I take a single week of pregnancy for grantid. Every remaining week that I have to keep little Chloe safe and in the most ideal place for her to grow will be celebrated with the utmost humility and gratitude to our Creator. I would also like to bring your attention to a wonderful agency called March of Dimes. They are always raising funds and awareness for the research going on into the causes and prevention of preterm labor and birth. Tayden and Noah, I love you! And Amber and Crystal, you are my heros!
Love, Sarah

No comments: