Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Month for Giving Thanks- Day 1

I'm doing this for me.  I know that every day benefits from an attitude of gratitude, but it's so easy to forget.  So for the month of November, I'm going to daily count my blessings here.  My theme verse for his month is:
1 Thessalonians 5:17-18- 
"Pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

Day 1
I'm so struck by how surprisingly overwhelmed with joy I am about this little baby girl within my womb.  And not that the joy pregnancy in general, of life growing in my womb, surprises me.  But little Autumn Mae is such an unexpected blessing in that, I never envisioned four children being a reality for me.  Travis and I always said that four would probably be our max, but that three was most likely.  As I feel her moving and kicking within me, there are times when I just feel overcome with joy!  Daughters are so special, they are the heart and heritage of their mothers, the crown of their fathers.  I dream of holding her in my arms, nursing her in the wee hours, of her first smiles and laughs, of watching her little unique personality emerge, even of the adult relationship we might have some day as we grow into dear friends.  Thank you Lord, for blessing us with another baby girl.  May we be good stewards of these four tremendous gifts.  Give us grace and wisdom for the journey...Amen.

No comments: