Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I've been tagged!

I've been tagged with this little questionnaire by Jennifer

What is your favorite word?
Hmmm, I'm such a verbal person that finding just one word that is my favorite is really hard. I guess I'll pick "vulnerability". This word means a willingness to share your heart, your struggles, your true self with others. You are opening yourself up to challenge, inspiration, and yes, even hurt. But, you are allowing the Lord to shape you because you have security in who you are in Him.

What is your least favorite word?
I would have to say curse words, especially when they come from my own mouth. They are so ugly and there are so many other words that can be used to express emotion. I'm reminded of the verse (I can't remember exactly where it is) that says, "out of the same mouth comes praises and cursing, this should not be..." Something to to that effect.

What turns you on spiritually, emotionally, creatively?
Spiritually Three things really. 1. Authentic worship through singing. I know that worship is not just singing, it's living a lifestyle that honors God, but being that music speaks to my soul, I love to pour my heart and praise out to the Lord in song. 2. Reading the Word. I am amazed that every time I open my Bible and open my heart to what I am reading, the Spirit never fails to speak to me and challenge and encourage me. 3. Prayer. When I am talking to my Savior, He always answers me by pouring His peace and perspective on me. Also, when I pray for others, He gives me a new love and compassion for them, which kills any bad attitudes or bitterness I may be harboring.
Emotionally A deep conversation with a friend or family member. To me, there's nothing more emotionally satisfying that growing my relationships, and the best and only way to do that goes back to my favorite word, vulnerability.
Creatively I am a writter by nature. I have always been able to convey my heart and mind with words easily. Writting helps me to see myself more clearly as well, it's theraputic, I'm a journaler, what can I say. I also LOVE artistic crafts, like scrapbooking and home decorating. I glean great satisfaction in seeing my creative juices come to fruition on a scrapbook page with my babie's pictures and I feel that my home is an expression of myself. I can't wait to have a home of my own in a year so that I will truely be able to create that expression of self in my decorating.

What turns you off Spiritually, Emotionally, Creatively?
Spiritually My own lack of discipline in doing those three things I mentioned above that nurture my spirit.
Emotionally Insensitive, shallow, or arrogant people. And of course, those who don't value vulnerability or being real.
Creatively Lack of opportunity to write or do my crafts.

What is your favorite curse word?
In keeping with being vulnerable, I hate them all and really hate it when I find myself slipping and using one in the heat of frustration. I'm really working on eliminating them from my vocabulary completely, they're so ugly and unnessessary.

What sounds or noises do you love to hear?
I'm with Jennifer, I love the sounds of summer, whether it be crickets in the evening or rain and thunder, or lawn mowers and weed wackers. Those sounds just make me feel alive. And sorry to copy you again Jenn, but my daughters laugh is one of the best sounds I've ever heard.

What noise do you hate?
tantrums from my daughter. I also don't care for heavy metal music or speedy talking commercials on the radio.

What profession, other than your own, would you like to try?
I'd love to try being a marriage and family therapist, or maybe an OB/GYN or midwife.

What profession would you not like?
Computer programming, sorry Babe! I guess that's why we're married, our differences compliment each other.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sarah, Thanks for playing, I enjoyed your reading your answers. I think you would make a wonderful therapist. Maybe something to think about after the kids are grown, huh?