Monday, February 27, 2012

Why I Love Mondays

I often hear moaning about Mondays, getting up early, starting out the routine of the week.  But I'm going to buck the system and say that I LOVE them!  No, I really mean it, I love Mondays!  It's a fresh start see, not just a brand new day, but a brand new week, a brand new chance to start on the right foot, to prioritize my time and relationships, to seek the thrown of grace for those new mercies He promises and to allow Him to fill me up and send me out.  Call me crazy, but I'm sure there is a smirk on my face, maybe a full on smile as I load that first load of laundry, make those school lunches, eat my breakfast looking at the big oak tree with the mountainous backdrop.  This is the day the Lord has made, I think to myself, I will rejoice and be glad in it!  My prayer this morning, "Father, give me the grace to step into your plan for me this week, to die to self and serve those you've placed in my care and life.  Lord, show me any offensive way in me, grow fruit of your spirit in my life.  I am weak, I fail every day, and I loath the ugliness of my sin.  Show me how to live in your forgiveness, to BE the new creation I am because of Christ. Amen."  Deep breath and here we go!  So much love to you as you read this friend!  May HIS power be made perfect in OUR weakness!

2 comments:

La Familia Garcia said...

What an encouraging post on the first day of the week! Thanks for sharing!

Ashley said...

If there was a "Like" button to click on...I would. : )