Saturday, December 03, 2011

In My Own Little Corner...

Last month, I took the girls and my mom-in-law "Grammy" to Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella at our local performing arts center.  The afternoon started with a lunch date and then it was off to the show.  I have vivid memories of seeing these productions as a little girl with my mom, at the very same performing arts center.  It was where I developed my love of theater.

 This was the girl's first live musical.  When the lights dimmed and the music started, I got teary watching Emma and Chloe on the edges of their seats in excited anticipation of what they were about to see.  It was as if I was a little girl again, feeling all those same feelings of wonder and excitement. 
 Here they are getting Cinderella's autograph.  They were too shy to pose for a picture with Prince Charming;).
And of course we had to talk to the silly step sisters, such great acting!

And the fairy godmother of course.  It was such a special day, one vivid childhood memories are made of.  Next weekend we have our Nutcracker date with my mom and sister.  Oh how I love my girls!  Thank you Jesus for the gift of daughters!

No comments: