Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Love...

Long story short, I came down with a nasty bug on Easter Sunday, complete with high fever and just feeling crudy. Well last night, whatever this junk is really settled in my chest and throat. When I was up at 2:00am with Sawyer, the pain with coughing was unbearable, then a fever came on really fast. I fumbled around to take an Ibuprofen and a throat lozenge, then went back to bed. Sawyer started crying again, so Travis jumped up to tend to him. As I lay there, teeth chattering, Travis shows up on my side of the bed with the Vicks Vapor Rub in hand and starts to rub down my chest and neck, taking his time. As aweful as I was feeling, this simple act of love and care overshadowed my misery as I let myself enjoy his love. I thank God for the love of this man! I am a lucky girl!

2 comments:

Summers Family said...

Hope you get feeling better soon. We had a bug like that, it stayed a while - so rest, rest, and let your clone do all the mothering that needs to be done :-)
Hooray for great husbands!

Beverly said...

Oh friend, feel better! What a sweet husband. :-)