Friday, March 16, 2007

A month gone by

Wow! It's hard to believe a whole month has passed since I last posted pictures and an update. In mommy time, it has only seemed like a day, can anyone relate? This first picture is one of my new favorites. Emma has become so nurturing to Chloe these days, sometimes I wonder who the mom is! She's always asking to hold Chloe and making little coos at her, giving her toys, helping her sit back up when she falls down, tickling her, kissing her goodnight before naps, feeding her and talking to her the same way I do, nick names and all. She's even invented some of her own nick names for Chloe that have stuck, like Chloclock, Coa, and Baby Moses.
We had a nice little get away to visit my parents and sister and family last weekend.
Chloe's first experience in a swing was a hit! Especially with Nana's face zooming in and out as she went. We are loving these gorgeous spring days, gotta love CO.
One of the best things about staying at Nana's house is getting to make breakfast with her. Emma thoroughly enjoyed pouring all the ingredients in the bowl for pancakes and then wisking them up, she was so proud.
I call this my angel baby shot of Chloe. The sun was coming in one of our bedroom windows one morning and gave Chloe this glow that just made us want to eat her up. She doesn't need a glow to give us that desire, but it certainly increased it.
Miss Moses is sitting by herself now quite well. In fact, she much prefers sitting to laying down any day and is sure to make that clear. She can roll over both ways, but hasn't really had much interest in the skill. I think crawling is just around the corner, but I hope she holds off a little longer. Once they are mobile, watch out!
Chloe's adoring Papa. She's quite smitten with him as long as mommy is around. In fact, mommy has to be around for her to be happy with anyone these days. I must be honest, it's flattering that she is such a momma's girl, but at times it would be nice to get away without knowing that there is waling going on at home.
My poor girls, and I, were stuck with a nasty cold a couple weeks ago. I really thought it was against some ancient law for mothers to be sick at the same time as their children, but aparently not. This face Emma is making sums up how all three of us felt. Nothing like a good cuddle in Grammy's arms though to heal all wounds.
We sadly said goodbye to my grandpa Gale last month. What a wonderful life he lived, he will be so missed. But it was a great time to reunite with family. This picture was taken at Granny's house after the memorial service. Nana and Grandpa just can't stop smiling when their precious grandkids are around.
This next shot is my silly little peanut needing to "be little" like her sister. Every now and then she asks to nurse or sucks her thumb or wants to sit in the front pack like Chloe does. She'll always be my baby, and I must admidt, I'm happy to ablige! But I was a little worried that sucking her thumb might stick, so a quick little scare tactic did the trick. I told her that when big girls suck their thumbs, sometimes they fall off! I highly doubt that tactic will work on Chloe when she needs to stop the habit, but who knows.
Chloe looks quick grown up in this next shot, she just loves being with her sister, she's just facinated with her.
So we're thinking Chloe may have Daddy's face/head shape, nose, chin and mouth. She's definitely got my eyes we think, but some people think she looks so much like her daddy. I think each of my daughters is a Travis clone in her own way, maybe if we have a son next he'll look like me?
Well, not much new to report, other than we are absolutely gleeful that spring is here! We have big plans for walks to the near-by school playground and picnics and gardening and BBQ's! We'll be pouring our back patio soon and seeding grass. A fence and other landscaping will have to wait until next spring. Stay in touch, and God bless you! Happy spring!
Love, Sarah

1 comment:

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Love the photos Sarah! I can't believe how big Chloe is getting, wow! Thanks for the mommy-date yesterady. It was great to get the girls together. I don't know what I'd do without you...