Monday, January 29, 2007

As the Dust Settles

Before I write anything else, let me first appologize for my long haetis from the world of blogging. While we were living with Travis's parents it was very difficult to find time to blog as their computer was in the room where Emma slept. When the girls are asleep, that's my time to do emails, blog, and anything else I may need/want to do, so it was really hard to find a moment to do either. But now, we are finally back online in our new home and the computer is at the kitchen built-in desk, ahh..., I'm back. So first, let me give you a recap of the past three months or so. After much thought and consideration, we felt that we needed to stop paying rent on top of the mortgage we were paying on the house in Utah. After two different contracts on the townhome fell through, we knew we couldn't just assume it was going to sell quickly. So, we packed up our things once again and moved out of our rental and into Travis's parent's basement. They so graciously agreed to let us live there until our future unfolded. It wasn't easy sharing the space, especially with two bull dogs under foot that Emma gets some devious pleasure from harrassing, but what great lessons in patience, humility, kindness, and trusting the Lord. So then as a huge answer to the prayers of many, our townhome finally sold! To our good friend and realtor nonetheless, so on the 8th of January, "it was finished!" We recieved the wire of money from the sale of the townhome and then officially closed on our new house here that very night. I tell you, the look and jingle of those six shining silver keys was oh so sweet! My mom was able to come up for a few days to help us with the girls while we moved, unpacked, and hung blinds. And now, exactly three weeks later, we are finally feeling more settled and moved in than not. God is so good, I just don't know any other way to sum it up! We are so excited to have many of your over for dinner very soon to celebrate all the blessings this new home brings. And believe it or not, amidst all the caos, we have found/made time to plug in to our new church family, Mountain View Community Church. I've joined the Saturday night worship team and Travis and the girls and I all have an awesome small group (called flocks) that meets every other Sunday night. As we build relationships and study God's Word together, we just know this is right where the Lord wants us. We're just about ready to get plugged in to some accountability groups, Travis with some guys and me with some ladies, so please be praying that this is a time of great growth for us as we sink our roots down deeper with our brothers and sisters here. And I know many of you are anxious to see recent pictures of the house and the girls and hear updates on their growth and development, and I promise, I will be making such posts this week after I retrieve the necessary cable to download pictures from Travis's parents house. It just feels so good to be able to connect to you all again through cyberspace! I also am able to check email at least once a day now, so I hope to catch up with you personally very soon. I'm a big fan of personal emails, I'm not really fond of forwards because I don't have time to read them, but keep those personal letters coming please! I hope to hear from each of you soon with updates from your own lives and ways that we can be praying for and encouraging each of you.
Love always, Sarah

1 comment:

Mary Jo said...

So glad you're back online! You've been missed. And I'm not anywhere NEAR you, so I can't wait to see updated pics of the girls and the new house!

Have a great week!