Monday, September 06, 2010

80 Years

We had the privilege this past Friday to celebrate my Grandpa Dick's (my dad's dad) 80th birthday with him here in CO. This man makes 80 look good, let me tell you! I teased him all weekend that I really hope I inherited his aging genes. He shares a birthday with my dad (who went to be with Jesus when I was sixteen), which was always special for them over the years. Looking into his eyes, his smile, all his expressions, I was able to see glimses of my dad all evening, which made the day all the more special. Thank you, Grandpa, for setting such a great example and passing on such a legacy. We love you and hope we get many more years with you this side of heaven.(78 years between these two handsome men!)

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Ah, that picture is too cute Sarah! What a special celebration for your Grandpa, and wonderful memories for you all. =) I tell my Grammy Ethel all the time that I want to be "just like her" when I grow up too. *Hugs* Praying for you too!

Anastasia Stephan said...

Ahhh, wonderful! I looooveee to new autumn look on the blog...might have to try that myself!

Anastasia Stephan said...

Oh, and this is for Sheri...I know, kind of weird way to contact someone, but I have also seen you picture on The Stay At Home Missionary's blog...small world. Anyway, just curious as to how you know Sarah and Joy?

Sarah said...

Anastasia, it's all through the blogging world, we found each other through our blogs! Makes the world a small one huh!?

Anastasia Stephan said...

very!