Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Summer in a Nutshell

It's long past time for a post, but once again, the beautiful living of life has gotten in the way. I don't feel guilty for not posting in so long, because I know it's the result of right priorities, but I love it here, I really, really do. Writing here is such a little oasis for me, a refreshing for my soul that feeds a deep seeded need in me to share my heart and life through writing.

So what have we been up to, in a nutshell? Well, summertime, that's what:). Lots of time outside, which by the way has made it harder than usual to stay on top of the inside chores. But in the winter, when I have ample time for inside tasks, I know we'll be longing for more time outside...so I take each season in stride, knowing that just around the corner is change. I'm FINALLY feeling more myself as I near the end of my first trimester, I'll be 12 weeks on Sunday...I can't believe it! My stomach has grown very obviously already, which doesn't surprise me. I'm anticipating a fair share of stretch marks when all is said and done:(. My poor garden is overrun with weeds, but when the heat makes you ill and you're tired most of the time, weeding just doesn't land very high on the priority list I'm afraid. Amazingly though, we are getting a good harvest of yummy veggies this year.

At the beginning of the summer, the girls had swimming lessons, then each of them went to their own dance class at different times during June and July. Emma's class was called Tappin Dumplins, Chloe's was called Magic Wand. They each had a blast! We celebrated Emma's 6th birthday and my 31st in July. We also went on a fun camping/fishing trip with Auntie Kim and Uncle Tyler at the end of July, complete with roasting the catch of the day over an open fire. Most recently, we went on a little family vacation to Salt Lake City to visit old/current friends who were like family during our time there. It was such a blessing to see them all again and take the kids to our very first apartment in married student housing at the U.

Now we're back and gearing up for the school year ahead. Emma is starting first grade, which seems so surreal, and Chloe, Sawyer, and I will be doing a preschool/homeschool co-op with some friends of mine from church. It will be a busy year no doubt, lots of driving and the need for organizing and being purposeful with our time. But I'm excited! I can already smell fall in the air and am loving the cooler evenings and mornings. Today is Chloe's forth birthday, so I'm busy getting ready for her little party tomorrow. Happy birthday to my sweet baby girl, you've blossomed so much this year, inside and out. We had our 12 week ultrasound yesterday and brought all the kids along to meet baby sibling. It was such a treat to see more baby this time, all the little kicks and rolls and waves, be still my heart! We used the nub angle theory to try to guess the gender and right now, I'm thinking girl if the theory is right, but we'll find out for sure soon enough. Wheh! Okay, back to work for me. My goal is to get some pictures of all the said events up very soon. Thanks for your patience, and all my love to each of you! I do read your blogs whenever I see new posts:).
Love, Sarah

1 comment:

Amber L. said...

It was good to see you yesterday. You look so cute with your little baby bump. I can't wait to see more ultrasound pics soon.
Love You!