Sunday, July 23, 2006

FINALLY!

Okay, so now that you all are probably way past impatient with my lack of blog posts over the past month, I'm back! It's quite the task to move to another state when you are 8 months pregnant and chase a two year old around to boot. But no more excuses, here are some long awaited pictures for you all. First, we have my enormous stomach at ONLY 32 weeks. I'm standing in our new kitchen. I appologize, this is the only house picture I have to share so far, but I'm working on it. I'm 35 weeks today, so you can emagine what I'm looking like these days. Next week, you'll get a peek at the 36 week belly and believe me, I'm looking much less "glowing" and a lot more "swollen" these days. I'm so sick to death of my maternity clothes and I'm very ready to have my body to myself again and be holding my precious new daughter in my arms. The kicks and movements are starting to hurt, the heartburn is getting pretty bad, and I'm getting up in the night several times now to go to the bathroom. Ah, the sacrifices of motherhood, but I guess the ninth month of pregnancy makes you appreciate that little bundle even more once they arrive, amen!
Now moving on to our first big event after the move, Emma Gracie's second birthday! I can't believe my little peanut is two years old now, but at the same time, she often seems beyond her years in the little things she says and does. Yesterday morning was a classic. My mom tells me that when I was little, I cracked them up one time by parroting my mom. When the phone rang, I said "get the phone Michael!" to my dad. Well, yesterday morning, I came to realize there is a phase I must say more often then not, as Emma parroted me, yelling up the stairs, "Trav, you bout ready?!" That gives you a good idea of what kinds of things we hear from her every day. My baby has officially and unquestionably become a little girl! It makes me sad, but at the same time, it is such a blessing watching her become more and more the person God has created her to be with each passing day. Well, I'm not quite sure why, but blogger is giving me trouble right now and isn't letting me upload more pictures, grrr! But I'll try again tomorrow perhaps. All in all, we are settling in nicely here in CO and are loving being closer to family. Travis is enjoying his job and we're all gearing up for the big life change of adding Chloe to the mix. Please be praying for a safe, healthy delivery and for a smooth transition to a family of four and all the having a newborn entails. I'll keep you posted more regularly now.
Love, Sarah

2 comments:

Jill Davis said...

Soo Exciting!! Let us know when you get settled so we can come and visit!

Jennifer said...

I love, love, love the belly pics! =) I can't believe that you still have 5 weeks of growing ahead of you. We really need to get "belly" pics of you, Cassie, and myself before Chloe arrives. I love having you back!!